Michael Bevilacqua's Resume
My Career Goal: To utilize my systems and network engineering skills in a position involving systems engineering and architecture.
Skills / Proficiencies
- Proficient in Linux system development, administration and deployment across all major distributions.
- Proficient in Cisco and Juniper OS network platforms.
- Proficient in Application Layer Protocols as well as most Network Layer protocols.
- Proficient in network management with SNMP.
- Programming experience in Bash, HTTP, PHP, Perl, Python, and C.
Principal Network Monitoring Engineer at Oracle Corporation (Austin, TX)
July 2021 - Present
- Network Management Development for Oracle's Cloud Services.
Network Developer II at Charter/Spectrum Enterprise (fka Time Warner Cable) (Austin, TX)
February 2010 - Present
- Responsible for Python microservice development.
- Responsible for Carrier Network Designs that deliver fiber optic circuits to our Enterprise customer base.
- Responsible for Linux systems design and administration on native and virtualized platforms..
- Responsible for Network Management automation to deliver vital metrics.
VOIP Engineer at Coredial, LLC (Blue Bell, PA)
January 2010 - June 2010
- Responsible for Asterisk Open Source VOIP PBX systems administration.
- Responsible for Linux systems administration and development.
Director, Systems and Network Management at Digital Wave Technoligies (Huntingdon Valley, PA)
May 2003 - January 2010
- Responsible for Linux and Windows administration and automation for web development.
- Responsible for Network administration.
Automated Testing Engineer at JDS Uniphase (Horsham, PA)
July 2001 - May 2003
- Responsible for Linux system administration and automation for fiber optic manufacturing.
- Responsible for Database administration and reporting.
Tier Two Technical Support at Aspre, Inc. (Horsham, PA)
October 2000 - July 2001
- Responsible for technical support on the Linux Cobalt RaQ platform.
Tier One Technical Support at Maysoft, Inc. (North Wales, PA)
June 2000 - October 2000
- Responsible for Database systems customer technical support.
IT Support Help Desk at Fidelity Federal Group (Fort Washington, PA)
August 1998 - June 2000
- Unix and Windows network helpdesk.
Montgomery County Community College (Blue Bell, PA)
- Associates in Computer Sciences
Montgomery County Vocational Technical School (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
- Certification in Computer Sciences
Philadelphia Linux Users Group (PLUG)
- Member and assistant meeting coordinator
References are available upon request.